Saturday, August 9, 2014

Senator David Norris" Israel bombs first and weeps later".









This Speech About Gaza by an Irish Senator is Being Watched All Over the World (Video)

Author:
August 8, 2014 9:54 pm




Image 12


The Irish Senator and internationally recognized  human rights
activist, David Norris, delivered an eminently powerful speech
concerning Gaza in the Irish Parliament on, July, 31st. In his speech
Norris criticizes human rights violations of Israel carried out with the
support of the United States and complacency of the international
community. Breaking free from the “pro-Palestine or pro-Israel”
dichotomy that drives conversations away from the, at least seemingly,
undeniable gross violations of human rights orchestrated by governments
against the Palestinian people.


Norris says in his speech,




“I am not anti-Israeli, I am not anti-Semitic. I supported the
state of Israel. In the forty years I have known the state of Israel and
sometimes had a home there I’ve seen it completely changed. It changed
from a left-wing socially directed country, to an extreme right-wing
regime, that is behaving in the most criminal fashion and defying the
world. Using – unscrupulously using – the Holocaust to justify what they
are doing and it is time that rag was torn away from them.”


An openly gay man, Norris is considered one of the most
influential champions of the gay liberation movement. Norris contends
that he, as the rest of the worlds governments should be, should stand
up and vehemently fight for the human rights of all people. He ends his
speech by saying,


“I am with human rights whether they are, Israeli, gay,
women, black, whatever they are. I am not changing my position. I am not
anti-Israel I am not anti-Semitic but I am pro human rights for every
human.”
You can watch Norris give the entirety of this speech in the video below.

No comments:

Post a Comment